| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | SOCALTECH.COM - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HIGH TECH NEWS
JULY 17, 2012 Caltech Invests In Coursera
The California Institute of Technology is backing, Coursera , a startup in the area of online education with an equity investment, plus the promise to put some of its courses online for free, in a deal worth $3.7M, the school announced this morning with Coursera. in investments to back its efforts to put university courses online.
| | SOCAL CTO
MAY 22, 2012 Los Angeles Startup Events
Of course, given the size of this list and having kids, I really can't attend a lot of these. I recently posted about the Increase in Early-Stage Startup Activity in Los Angeles. In that post, I mentioned how one of the signals is the big increase in number of startup events and the number of attendees at those events.
MAY 2, 2013 | SOCALTECH.COM - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HIGH TECH NEWS
How TenOneTen Ventures Is Investing In LA's Technology Future
JULY 17, 2012 | SOCALTECH.COM - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HIGH TECH NEWS
Caltech Invests In Coursera
MAY 22, 2012 | SOCAL CTO
Los Angeles Startup Events
APRIL 17, 2012 | BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE
Some Thoughts on Branding Startups and Communities
DECEMBER 20, 2011 | LALAWAG
My Top 5 Takeaways From Teens in Tech
MARCH 18, 2011 | LALAWAG
Event: IdeaMenschLA – An Event For People With Ideas, March 30th, Culver City
| || || |
| | LALAWAG
MARCH 18, 2011 Event: IdeaMenschLA – An Event For People With Ideas, March 30th, Culver City
Of course you do, you’re an extremely bright Lalawag reader. Related Articles: Event: Tubefilter Hollywood Web Television Meetup Ultraviolet Caltech Enterprise Forum Recap and Media Gallery Have An Entertainment Startup? CalTech Event Tomorrow Might Be For You. Do you have ideas? Tiny Buddha: From Concept to Community.
| | BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE
MARCH 11, 2011 Your Product Needs to be 10x Better than the Competition to Win. Here’s Why:
And now, of course, UberSocial, Bill’s latest project. He sold so many that after Caltech he decided to open a retail store. eToys.
| | SOCAL CTO
OCTOBER 6, 2009 Networking Events in Los Angeles and Southern California
CalTech MIT Enterprise Forum – Great events on various topics – there's one this Saturday that would be great to go to. Quality of Events Of course, the bigger issue with events is finding the ones where you will have a really good opportunity to network with interesting people. Great post by John Shiple. They put on great events.
| | BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE
APRIL 17, 2012 Some Thoughts on Branding Startups and Communities
World-class education including Caltech, USC and UCLA. And of course a place of idyllic weather, culture and a lifestyle. Caltech.
| || || || |
BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE | SUNDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2010 Skate Where the Puck is Going
And of course – badges. I hope they are because badges will run their course. recently gave talks at Caltech & Stanford. call this “the puck at your feet because it’s not where the industry is heading but rather where the industry is today. Fawking badges. Really? OK, I get it. Badges were an innovation. MORE >>
BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2011 Can You Really Build a Great Tech Firm Outside Silicon Valley?
We have world-class universities like Caltech, UCLA, USC and more. If you are talented, of course, you can get funded in any region with enough venture capital and obviously in markets outside of the Valley it is easier to get noticed and get access. In New York you have access to fashion, media, art and of course, financial services. MORE >>
LALAWAG | SUNDAY, JANUARY 23, 2011 Should Entrepreneurs Go to College?
The idea behind this is, of course, that America relies on new ideas and young businesses to stimulate the economy and stay competitive. CalTech Event Tomorrow Might Be For You. It’s no secret that most big businesses look for fresh young talent to bolster their competitive edge. Not necessarily. MORE >>
SOCALTECH.COM - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HIGH TECH NEWS | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2010 Interview with Mike Gammarino, Students4Startups
Mike Gammarino: The approach we are going to take, is we've been working with schools here so far, USC, UCLA, and Caltech--where we want to go to career fairs, hold private events, and start interacting and building relationships with professors, career centers, students, and so forth. It's not for everybody, of course. Thanks! MORE >>
SOCALTECH.COM - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HIGH TECH NEWS | THURSDAY, MAY 2, 2013 How TenOneTen Ventures Is Investing In LA's Technology Future
There''s Caltech, the Claremont Colleges, Harvey Mudd, UCLA. Of course, if you can get a referral through a person I know, it''s much more helpful because I can get that person''s opinion as well. In particular, funding for companies developing deep technology--software and cloud, as opposed to content and media--seems to be lacking. MORE >>
- My Top 5 Takeaways From Teens in Tech LALAWAG | TUESDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2011
- This Week’s Keynote Presentations BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2010
- Benjamin Kuo's Blog » Attention and Technology Depth BENJAMIN KUO'S BLOG | FRIDAY, JANUARY 11, 2008
- Benjamin Kuo's Blog » Mohasseb In At Tech Coast Angels BENJAMIN KUO'S BLOG | TUESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2008
- Benjamin Kuo's Blog » Flame War Fun: Silicon Valley vs. everyone else BENJAMIN KUO'S BLOG | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2008
- Benjamin Kuo's Blog » SoCal’s Burgeoning Auto Industry BENJAMIN KUO'S BLOG | MONDAY, MAY 5, 2008
- Angel Funding Advice BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE | FRIDAY, AUGUST 14, 2009
- Benjamin Kuo's Blog » The New Frontier BENJAMIN KUO'S BLOG | THURSDAY, MARCH 6, 2008
- Benjamin Kuo's Blog » More than Hollywood and media BENJAMIN KUO'S BLOG | TUESDAY, MARCH 18, 2008
- Benjamin Kuo's Blog » Pay For Play and Social Media Ethics BENJAMIN KUO'S BLOG | THURSDAY, MAY 29, 2008
- Benjamin Kuo's Blog » LA Times Cuts 250 BENJAMIN KUO'S BLOG | THURSDAY, JULY 3, 2008
- Benjamin Kuo's Blog » Hits, Features, and other tough sells BENJAMIN KUO'S BLOG | FRIDAY, AUGUST 8, 2008
- Benjamin Kuo's Blog » Second generation companies BENJAMIN KUO'S BLOG | MONDAY, AUGUST 11, 2008
- Benjamin Kuo's Blog » Where PR can be useful BENJAMIN KUO'S BLOG | FRIDAY, AUGUST 15, 2008
- Job Search Resources Weekly Update - 11/23/09 TODD ZEBERT | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2009
- Product Manager Entrepreneur Mark Geller SOCAL CTO | TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2009
- SoCal Networking Event Organizations TODD ZEBERT | TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2009
- Job Search Resources Weekly Update - 11/9/09 TODD ZEBERT | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2009
- Intellectual Property SOCAL TECH CALENDAR | THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2009
- Intellectual Property for Technology and Business Development SOCAL TECH CALENDAR | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11, 2009
- Management of Technology and Innovation SOCAL TECH CALENDAR | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2009
- Technology Strategy for RandD and Product Development SOCAL TECH CALENDAR | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2009
- Taking Technology Products to Market SOCAL TECH CALENDAR | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2009
- Strategic Marketing of Technology Products SOCAL TECH CALENDAR | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2009
- Intellectual Property for Technology and Business Development SOCAL TECH CALENDAR | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2008
- Guidance Solutions Gets Win SOCALTECH.COM - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HIGH TECH NEWS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2008
- Guidance Software Gets Win SOCALTECH.COM - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HIGH TECH NEWS | MONDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2008
- Choosing Internet Platforms SOCAL CTO | SATURDAY, JUNE 14, 2008
Southern California Tech Central can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.