| || |
| || | TECHNOLOGY COUNCIL BLOG
MARCH 20, 2012 Deep analytics become more relevant in daily life
By Greg Sikes If you have watched TV in the last two years, or walked through an airport, you have likely seen an IBM Smarter Planet advertisement. At the core of this message is the idea that the world is becoming more Instrumented, Interconnected, and Intelligent. Just take a look around your house, or at [.].
| || | SOCAL TECH CALENDAR
MARCH 20, 2012 Startup Equinox
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 -- Startup Equinox. The University of Southern California is becoming a hot bed of innovation and entrepreneurial energy, but ideas and energy often don't translate to startups. It takes a diverse team to create a successful startup. Enter Startup Equinox. See [link] (more
| || || || |
- Mogreet Targets Hispanic Market
Los Angeles-based Mogreet , the provider of a mobile video marketing product which is headed by James Citron, said yesterday that it has been targeting the Hispanic market with its services, and now counts a number of large customers in that category. READ MORE>>. mogreet hispanic video marketing mobile MORE >>
BENJAMIN KUO'S BLOG Learning how to get venture capital–from a VC
| TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
In an interesting footnote to last week’s Los Angeles Venture Association awards, it’s noteworthy to see LAVA Hall of Fame winner Jon Funk (now running Ocean Road Partners, previously at Allegis Capital) has just booted up an effort to help educate entrepreneurs about receiving venture capital. Venture Capital MORE >>
- Active Network Powers San Diego Parks and Recreation
Active Network , the San Diego provider of software-as-a-service for recreation and registration management, said today that it has partnered with its hometown, the City of San Diego, to help the city manage its park and recreation assets. Financial impact of the win was not announced. READ MORE>>. MORE >>
- FindTheBest Takes On Car Classifieds
Looking to take on the classifieds market, FindTheBest , the online comparisons site run by former DoubleClick founder Kevin O'Connor, said today that it has launched a new "cars for sale" tool. The Santa Barbara startup said the entry into the classified market allows users to shop for cars by type, make, model, year, mileage, and color. MORE >>
- Gridtest Systems Gets Seeded
Los Angeles-based Gridtest Systems , a developer of measurement tools for the electric vehicle (EV) market, said this morning that it has raised a seed round of funding from the Pasadena Angels and the Tech Coast Angels. Financial terms of the investment were not announced. READ MORE>>. MORE >>
- Factual Partners with EMC Greenplum SOCALTECH.COM - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HIGH TECH NEWS | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- MyPetHabit.com Acquired By Coupaw SOCALTECH.COM - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HIGH TECH NEWS | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Virgin Galactic Signs 500th Customer SOCALTECH.COM - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HIGH TECH NEWS | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Cornerstone OnDemand Adds Volunteer Management SOCALTECH.COM - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HIGH TECH NEWS | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Dog Vacay Announces Funding Round SOCALTECH.COM - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HIGH TECH NEWS | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Broadcom Set To Acquired Broadlight, Says Report SOCALTECH.COM - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HIGH TECH NEWS | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- WD Ships Portable 2TB Hard Drive SOCALTECH.COM - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HIGH TECH NEWS | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
- Aggregage Inks Vertical Site Deal With Sales Group SOCALTECH.COM - SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HIGH TECH NEWS | TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012
Southern California Tech Central can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.